Over the last couple of years, I've been very careful in protecting my HTC EVO 4G. Only after trying several different versions and brands of various cases, I finally found Ballistic's HC (Hard Core) series case for the EVO 4G. My phone fit great then, and now that I've got an EVO 3D, I still want that same level of protection.
Once I received my EVO 3D, I didn't think twice about getting the Ballistic HC series case again, so I was a little bummed when I couldn't get it right away. Of course, when a new device comes out, it takes some time to design and manufacture the cases to go along with it.
So now that it's finally available, here are my thoughts.
Ballistic boasts that this case offers five layers of advanced protection, an integrated screen protector and holster, a rotating belt-clip, built-in water resistant mesh over the speakers, and drop protection in every corner.
There are a few things good and a couple no-so-good things that I also want to point out:
- Slim design, especially for a such heavy impact-resistant case
- Many layers of protection, and even a durable outer impact-resistant gel skin
- Includes a screen protector, which protects the main display area
- The holster is not as secure as I'd like. For example, it can accidentally be released based on how it's tilted on belt.
- Dust can get inside when you don't have the final layer with access doors on.
But even with those very minor issues, I'd still five it 5 out of 5 Stars.
This guest post was written by Wayne Tugwell.