We know that Apple is getting prepared to announce the iPhone 5, so in case you’re wanting to get rid of the now outdated iPhone 4S, Amazon has got a pretty sweet deal for you: if you’ve been diligent in keeping your iPhone 4S protected in a case with a screen protector, and it’s in “like new” condition, you can get $500 cash.
For the sake of comparison, Gazelle is only offering $329 for the same device, and Apple itself will give you $345 in the form of an Apple gift card.
Now, I’m an Android guy through-and-through, so if I had an extra iPhone 4S laying around, I definitely wouldn’t be using that cash towards a new iPhone. Instead, here’s what I might buy:
- Another ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity tablet ($499 at Amazon)
- A Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet ($499.99 at Amazon)
- A new Acer ICONIA 10.1 tablet ($425.00 at Amazon)
- A new Toshiba Excite 7.7-inch tablet ($429.99 at Amazon)
- An unlocked Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone ($349 at the Google Play Store)
- Two 16GB Nexuses 7 ($249.99 at the Google Play Store)
You get the idea – $500 can definitely get you a lot of Android awesomeness. Of course, if you insist on sticking with iOS, this should be enough to pay an ETF and get new customer pricing on the iPhone 5 at another carrier of your choosing. It’s also enough to get an iPad.
Are you planning on taking advantage of this offer from Amazon?