The HTC One S on T-Mobile is getting an OTA update right now to 2.35.531.7, Android 4.0.4, and Sense 4.1. This is basically the same update that the One X on AT&T, the international One X, the EVO 4G LTE on Sprint, and the international One S have all already received in the past few weeks.
Most notably, this update allows users to get rid of that annoying black menu bar that appears in some apps, and remap the multitasking key as desired (just go to Display > Gestures > Buttons to make your selection). Hopefully, this update is also the start of some serious prep work to get the device ready for Jelly Bean.
In any case, here’s the official changelog from T-Mobile:
- Update from Android 4.0.3 to 4.0.4
- Helps with data connection delay
- Helps with signal fluctuations
- Helps with Wi-Fi dropping connection or not connecting
- Helps with Wi-Fi stays connected when out of range
- Helps with device crashes or restarts
- Helps with email links do not open
- Helps with loading screens or lag when returning to home screen
- Helps with streaming music skips
- Improved Wi-Fi stability
- User interface improvements
- Improvements to Bluetooth connectivity
Be sure to let us know if you notice any other changes, enhancements, improvements, or new bugs.