The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime began receiving an OTA software update to 10.4.2.17 yesterday. The official changelog appears below – and at the risk of sounding horribly bigoted, does anyone else think that ASUS needs to hire a native English speaker to start proofreading its official documents?
- Fix the issue when insert SD card into Mobile Dock and enter sleep mode then the system will auto reboot.
- Fix the issue that backspace key on Mobile Dock does not work in Browser input field to delete words randomly.
- Fix the issue that ASUS handwriting IME cannot be enabled when pad is on Mobile Dock.
- Fix the issue that some PDF file downloaded from some 3rd part app would become .htm and cannot be opened.
- Add ASUS Ukrainian IME.
- Add back Google Bookmark Sync to Default Browser.
- Remove and in CN SKU.
All of these fixes and enhancements are on top of all the other changes that the previous OTA update brought – the one that updated this tablet to Jelly Bean. It’s good to see that ASUS hasn’t forgotten about this tablet, either; it’s just under a year old, but as we all know by now, has been eclipsed by its younger, fancier, better-performing sibling, the Transformer Pad Infinity.
Now, who’s impatiently waiting for the official ASUS update to Android 4.2?