If you’re an Amazon Prime student member, Amazon is now offering you $50 off the 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HD. This means you can pick up Amazon’s flagship tablet at prices that rival the ASUS Nexus 7:
- 16GB WiFi-only with Special Offers: $249
- 16GB WiFi-only without Special Offers: $264
- 32GB WiFi-only with Special Offers: $319
- 32GB WiFi-only without Special Offers: $334
If you want 4G connectivity on AT&T’s LTE network, and more storage, the prices go up quite a bit, but the $50 discount still helps a lot:
- 32GB LTE with Special Offers: $449
- 32GB LTE without Special Offers: $464
- 64GB LTE with Special Offers: $549
- 64GB LTE without Special Offers: $564
Remember, for a one-time payment of $49.99, you also get 250MB/month on AT&T for one year, along with 20GB additional cloud storage and $10 in Amazon Appstore credits – basically, the $50 promotional credit will cover this if you decide to get an LTE tablet.
To be eligible for this offer, you have to use promo code KNDL4STU at checkout, and be an Amazon Prime student member. Student membership is free for the first six months and only $39/year after – and membership comes with great benefits, including free two-day shipping, unlimited free streaming of Prime Instant Videos, and the ability to borrow books, including best sellers, on your Kindle tablet. To get started, all you need is a .edu email address.