I am so excited, because my Google Nexus 9 by HTC finally arrived at my doorstep this evening, fresh off the UPS delivery truck. I’ve been waiting for this moment ever since Google and HTC made the official announcement, and I feel so incredibly lucky that I was able to snag one for only $199 during HTC’s recent fire sale.
Over the next few days and weeks, I’ll be going hands on with the tablet as I explore every fine detail – so stay tuned for future announcements. In the meantime, check out my unboxing above.
So what are my initial thoughts?
- I love the size – it’s definitely not too big, and the extra screen real estate and 4:3 aspect ratio are much better for casual web surfing on the couch.
- It’s not too heavy; I’m not sure why some reviewers say that it is.
- I am concerned about 16GB of on board storage with no external expandable options. I’ve already found myself limited which apps I want to install, which I haven’t had to worry about in a long time.
- I love the front facing speakers – I’m never going back.
- The bag is a little creaky at times. It’s not squishy like some reviews say it is (at least mine isn’t), and it doesn’t seem too alarming, but it’s definitely something to keep an eye on.
What do you think of the Nexus 9? Have you had a chance to play around with one yet? Let us know what you think in the comments below!