Team Win’s Recovery Project has been updated and released to the general public for most supported devices. The official changelog follows:
- Add flashing of boot and recovery images via the TWRP GUI (Find the Images button on the Install page)
- Fix some MTP related crashes and bugs
- Eliminate TWRP toggling USB IDs during boot if MTP is enabled
- Fix various adb sideload issues
- Improve threading of actions
- Eliminate separate thread for screen timeout
- Update libblkid to 2.25.0
- Use power button as back button on watch themes for easier navigation
- Add mutex locking to data manager
- Improve custom theme handling on encrypted devices
- Allow the stock theme to be offset by build flags so we can center a lower res theme on a higher res screen especially for watches with round screens
That sixth bulletpoint should resolve the Aroma installer issues, where if you’ve been in an installer and exit TWRP might be stuck on a screen-off state. The fix for this was to hold power and volume down until the device rebooted (11 seconds?) but hopefully that’s the fix. Or I could be wrong.
Beyond that there’s some media device transfer fixes which makes it feel a bit more stable (which it may or may not be,) and a bunch of under the hood fixes.
As the recommended goomanager install no longer appears valid, your best bet for installing the new version is to download the image and follow the fastboot instructions on the page.
For standard actions of flashing ROMs and backing up data, there’s no noticeable change in speed or efficiency, so if you’re happy with your TWRP 2.8+ at the moment no need to rush to this.