- Intel Celeron (Braswell) N3060 Dual-Core @1.6 GHz
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 16GB eMMC Flash Storage
- 14″ 1366x 768 Display (Yes, res is a little low) but at least it is matte finish
- Integrated Intel HD Graphics 400
1 x HDMI
- 3.5 mm Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack
- Integrated Speaker
- Integrated Microphone
- (2) USB 3.0 Type-A
- 802.11ac; Dual-Band
- One SDXC slot (not sure if it is flush)
- Chrome OS (hence “Chromebook”)
- 3.3 lbs / 1.5 kgs
- ~11 hour battery life
The Lenovo N42 will support Android Apps in the near future, per Google’s own list.
The Lenovo N42 is also supported by GalliumOS after it updates it’s own firmware (will likely ship up to date). GalliumOS is essentially a target-built Xubuntu system for Chromebooks; no need for drivers in kernel that aren’t on the board, etc; it’s like someone setup a fully functioning Gentoo system for you and kept it up to date; and can be dual booted with Chrome OS as well.
It is of course also supported by Crouton for your general purpose dual-booting needs.
It’s a dual core laptop that can run linux with expandable storage for under $150 (+taxes); Amazing second laptop, Kali Laptop, Android Dev, etc; nearly at impulse but point at $148.