Do you remember this device? We have mentioned before that Nokia brand is still around and the new series of the phones are scheduled this year. HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones has announced the Nokia 3310 to be available for purchase from 24th of May 2017.
Nokia 3310 – should you care?
Let’s face it, the device is nothing else than a marketing play on the nostalgia. The refreshed model probably won’t end up as your primary device but if the iconic survivability of the original 3310 is part of the specification, this could be your ‘festival’ phone or an emergency headset. What’s more important, this device paves the way for the new Nokia phones.
- System: Dual band 900/1800 MHz
- Available as single SIM (microSIM)
- Software platform: Nokia Series 30+
- Dimensions: 115.6 x 51.0 x 12.8mm
- Weight: 79.6 g (including battery)
- Display: 2.4’’ curved window colour QVGA (240*320)
- Connectivity: micro USB, 3.5mm AV connector
Bluetooth 3.0 with SLAM
- Camera: 2Mpxl camera with LED flash
- MicroSD card support up to 32GB*
- LED torchlight
- Standby time: up to 31.0 days
- Talk time: up to 22.1 hours
- MP3 playback up to 51.0 hours
- FM radio playback up to 39.0 hours
The phone will be available in UK stores including Carphone Warehouse and Vodafone. Available in four colours – Warm Red and Yellow, both with a gloss finish, and Dark Blue and Grey both with a matte finish the Nokia 3310 will retail at £49.99 including VAT.
I have reached out to HMD Global for the review units of the new Nokia line. Hands up guys, who had the original 3310? I have to say that 3210 is still the most ergonomic device I have ever had. Snake time?