I spent some time this weekend trying to connect my Google Home to a different network, resetting them, restoring factory defaults, and cursing in Orkney as both were glitching out on me.

“OK Google…”
“Hrmm, something went wrong, try again in a bit”

Turns out my invoking Odin’s name was for naught, it’s something on Google’s side, they’re aware and working on it as of yesterday.

In the meantime you can shake several sticks at it should that make you feel better. The glitch appears only to extend to the Home devices and not to Google Assistant on the phone.

The bug was evidently introduced in the 1.24.88.47 firmware update which you might have awoken to at 3:17 AM one morning like I did when the thing rebooted next to my bed.

[Google Product Forums] via Android Police.