Old 02-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Curious

Default recover from boot loop without losing data?

Is there a way to recover from a boot loop without doing a reset that wipes out all my data? I have pictures and such that I foolishly didn't back up. Right now, my streak 7 is stuck going between the static Dell log and the animated one. If it matters, my Streak 7 came with the Honeycomb update installed.

Thanks!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Curious

Default [FIXED] recover from boot loop without losing data?

The factory reset actually fixed the problem and did not wipe out the partition with the photos from the onboard camera. Even though it said it would wipe out "user data", this just referred to the apps. After factory reset, I just had to redownload the apps from the amazon app store and google market.

Factory reset info - http://www.hard-reset.com/dell-streak-7-hard-reset.html
Old 03-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Default Re: recover from boot loop without losing data?

Yes, that's correct, the pics were still there.
I went ahead and did a full reset afterwards to get a clean device.
Peace
Old 02-18-2014, 11:37 PM
Tech Curious

Before you go hard-core: have you checked with the boot-loop tag-wiki for possible remedy? Have you tried to remove the battery for a few minutes, then re-insert and boot up again? Have you cleaned up cache and Dalvik-cache from CWM? And I think the best way to recover losing pictures isusing recovery programs, here I recommend one:
http://www.android-recovery.net/

Last edited by felicitewalker; 02-23-2014 at 05:04 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Tech Curious

If you are in a boot-loop and didn't not backup or save data prior to that then you are at a loss. Do you know what may have caused the boot-loop? Did it start happening after downloading an app or other file?

Whatever files were saved on the sd card (minus app data) will still be present. Log back into your Google account and if you originally selected "keep device backed-up with Google" then you should have apps start to install once you get the phone setup. Otherwise, you can log into the Play Store via computer and see a list of app downloads and boot Android into recovery mode.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutipatel View Post
If you are in a boot-loop and didn't not backup or save data prior to that then you are at a loss. Do you know what may have caused the boot-loop? Did it start happening after downloading an app or other file?

Whatever files were saved on the sd card (minus app data) will still be present. Log back into your Google account and if you originally selected "keep device backed-up with Google" then you should have apps start to install once you get the phone setup. Otherwise, you can log into the Play Store via computer and see a list of app downloads and boot Android into recovery mode.
Yeah, I'm finding it less and less necessary to use back up apps or nandroids to back up my device. Practically everything is stored in my Google account now, and it's all fairly automated when I factory reset. In fact, a factory reset can oftentimes fix many (most?) problems that a user might have. I don't think it's something to be afraid of.

That said, this thread is pretty old... :-p
Old 04-15-2015, 06:42 AM
Tech Curious

How to Boot Android Phone into Recovery Mode

We always talk about rooting Android phones, as you are allowed to do much more tasks on your rooted Android device, such as installing new custom ROMs, updating Android system, resetting your phone, etc. While, only in Recovery Mode can you finish all these on your rooted device. So, how to boot into recovery mode on the Android phone? For new Android users, it may be a troublesome problem facing them. Don't panic, here we provide an easy guide showing you how to make it without any difficulty.
Note: You should install Recovery Mode on the device before you enter it.

How to Root Samsung Phone
Old 05-24-2015, 10:48 PM
Tech Curious

Try Coolmuster Samsung Data Recovery Software. It is a smart tool to recovery data from android phones with ease.
1.Recover lost data on Android device
2. Get back deleted messages in HTML for easy reading
3. Recover deleted contacts as HTML/vCard/CSV files in details
4. Recover photos,music,videos from android phone

Last edited by Pflmccllaa; 06-16-2015 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:46 PM
Tech Curious

As you know Google forces Android users to use a Gmail account with their device. You can synchronize your contacts and can store them on your Gmail account. And you don't worry about the data loss from Android, here are useful recover tools for Android.

Last edited by Xkoiul; 09-20-2015 at 08:15 PM.