Old 06-22-2009, 03:59 AM
Technophile

Send a message via AIM to fishcube Send a message via Yahoo to fishcube
Default Own Archos?

Anyone have an Archos? Thoughts and experiences?

I used to own both an Archos 5 and 7. I am debating on getting a Archos 5 again. But want to know if anyone is still using one?

Also anyone know where to get one with glossy screen?
Old 06-25-2009, 05:04 AM
Technophile

Default Re: Own Archos?

Wow, no archos owners? I ended up buying a used, almost new archos 5 160GB that comes with tons of extras. It was too good of a deal to pass up.

comes with DVR station, FM remote control, HDMI cable, 2 cases and larger archos case for extras, extra AV and S video cables.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Zealot

I'm surprised that you re-bought another Archos, fishcube. Won't the things that bothered you enough to get rid of your first one be issues again?

My Archos 5 is still my primary portable video player when traveling. Other than that, I don't use it very much. In fact, I don't use it for anything other than video.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Technophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
I'm surprised that you re-bought another Archos, fishcube. Won't the things that bothered you enough to get rid of your first one be issues again?
I really miss using it for browsing and video podcasts etc. It was nice being able to download content directly to the Archos. I believe they have fixed some things in firmware updates since I had mine. I am hoping to play some flash games on it too. Ipod touch was just too small of screen.

I have a new Samsung netbook, but I miss touchscreen. The netbook is mainly for my Hidden object games, is very portable for that also. Hubby enjoys browsing on it too.

My blackberry is just too small for good browsing, but sure is nice to have while away from home.

I should be receiving the Archos by Tuesday. Will post my thoughts and experiences.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Fan

i'd have bought another Archos, if they had made another Archos with 3g capabilities . .
i still have my Archos 5g.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:27 AM
Tech Obsessed

I have both the 70 and 101 and both work great, no lag, for the costs, happy with both.