Old 04-28-2012, 02:30 AM
Tech Curious

Default Sony Tablet P Phone Apk!!

Morning Everyone

Im wondering Do Anyone Have Or no of a Phone Apk For Sony I Would To Give It A Try Since I Can Recieve MMS Pics & SEnd sms Messsages.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2012, 03:03 AM
Tech Curious

Default Re: Sony Tablet P Phone Apk!!

there is one actually in the system/app folder, but Sony somehow disable it. so you will need to modify something (i don't know what).

Plus, I've read somewhere that phone function is different with sms, so a tablet can use sms doesn't mean it can 100% use phone function.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:03 AM
Tech Curious

Thanks I Just Saw It This Is Pretty Common In Honeycomb but it could be Enable..I remember when i had the Huawei Mediapad Hua Released A Phone Apk so in time this will be possible im kinda shocked someone hasnt Enabled it yet.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:32 AM
Tech Curious

because there are only few people own a Sony tablet.... so development is not far.

$ony products are always overpriced, developers are doing things for free, so they would buy high price/performance ratio devices or the users who request advanced features would donate one for them.

either way, the price of $sony products is the main problem.....
Old 04-28-2012, 05:07 AM
Tech Curious

So True Very Good Point!! But Im Quite Positive With The Update To ICS The Phone Will Be Enable On The Tablet P. My Fingers Are Crossed lol..
Old 04-30-2012, 05:27 AM
Tech Addict

i like to hope that isc will alow phone but im not getting my hopes up. i remember this sort of thing in the laptop forums with 3g cards. not all of them suport talk.

the p s and even ereader t1 all use a pcie card for 3g (ok the t1 has a slot but we are yet to see one with a card installed)

if some one is willing. can they open up the top part of the p. if there is a pcie card. if we can get some sort of make and model then we will be 1 confident step towards our gowl. also i found that a pcie card uses a lot more power than say a system built into the mobo. disappointing but they do this for reagons i think.

my p is not listed as 4g like the others but that is because our 700mhz network is not active cos our old analog tv system is on that band. lol no you can not use your 4g phone as an analog tv tuner. so im guessing that my tablet has the same card as the others

this is like getting a wifi g card to do n functions. yes very similer but not the same
Old 05-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Obsessed

I will try to enable it and "test" it once I settle back into the states. If no one works it out by that time.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Tech Curious

THANK YOU I CAN'T WAIT.....
Old 05-03-2012, 06:02 AM
Tech Addict

i want to ditch my phone so bad
Old 05-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Administrator

@ blaster: Really? If the P had phone functionality, you'd use it as your primary mobile device? With so many WiFi/3G calling options out there, maybe you could ditch your phone now anyway.

I'm not a fan of Bluetooth headsets so I would never be able to use the P as a phone.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Curious

The Tablet P Can Be Used With ALL headset or bluetooth im looking to use my tablet p as my all in one if the phone apk can be Enable Which its more than possible.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Tech Obsessed

My opinion is using the tablet p as a phone is a bit troublesome. Main reason battery. Also, you would need headphones for your conversation in public, but if you forget your headphone it's useless. Unless you don't mind people listening to your conversation

Last edited by RayIczer; 05-04-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Curious

It's easy enough to enable in the build.prop or something but that doesn't mean it will actually work. Does it have a cell radio? I don't think it does.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Tech Fan

Why not just use grooveIP and a Google Voice number? No hacking needed.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:29 AM
Tech Addict

i need popper phone to get calls. i dont make meany. lol i wouldn't use a Bluetooth head set. id ether use the overboard (quiet against my ear) speaker and mic or plug in some headphones. im probably going to move back to bluetooth headphones. but i allways have headphones with me

i just hope that when we get isc that ill be able to install the app for my sony liveview wach. is there a way to force an install? i might copy the apk from my other phone and see if it will install.

actually battery life is about the same as my phone. its even better now.