Old 04-26-2012, 06:08 AM
Tech Addict

Red face ps3 controler with tablet p

ok so the tablet s nativly works with a ps3 controler but what about us? if i use one of thows i guess expensive paring apps in the market are we hgoing to have the same experience as if we connected it by usb?

i found i could use a bluetooth keyboard but not all the keys would work in crash bandycoot. i also have oddworld but havent tested it yet

p.s. i got odd world on my teblep p. but i cant download it on my psp i have to pay for it again even thow on my tablet p it said it was compatible with psp and ps3. no fair

p.p.s i want crock
Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Fan

Doesn't it work with many different devices? Have you tried a wiimote? That may be an alternative if the ps3 controller doesn't work.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: ps3 controler with tablet p

i have seen some apps but i am not shore if they have to be running in the back ground or if they just get it in the blutooth list. i ask cos when you do it native on teh tablet s its all integrated properly and i want that

i dont want some app running in the back ground all the time thats a pain in the ass cos i have to open it all the time. its why i stoped using my live view watch
Old 04-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

also wii mote is the same storry all over again
Old 04-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Curious

Has anyone just tried it and see what happens?

What needs to be done to test it because I have a controller somewhere.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:11 AM
Tech Addict

i have the controllers from my 60gb ps3. i love them cos they are a tiny bit transparent and no shock. so they are a little more portable

im trying to connect a controller to my arc (dead screen but using it thoue hdmi) i have no clue on that ether. i have only seen it done on an xperia p to be ohnust.

ill take a look at how to connect it to the tablet s using usb host then work from there
Old 05-03-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Addict

Unhappy Re: ps3 controler with tablet p

just found this. ofcorce we dont have usb host (yeah %*$& you sony)

but its interesting to see how its done. this is what i was worried about. even if we where able to par the controller its not going to be the same as native, that said it should work fine in games and a Bluetooth keyboard will do SOME controls

still we miss out on battery stat and i still dont know if an app will have to run in the back ground like the sony liveview watch
Old 05-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Curious

I always thought it was Bluetooth...
Old 05-05-2012, 02:45 AM
Tech Addict

it IS Bluetooth but the ps3 controller doesn't has a paring mode. to par it with your ps3 you connect it via the usb cable and the ps3 read the mac adress and pars tehm

the controller never shows up as a connectable device whick is why its so hard to connect to a device with out usb host. ie the tablet s connects it in the same way as teh ps3

other apps on android the way they par it on devises is by plugging it into your pc and reading the mac adress. sony COULD do this but i doubt it will happen.

Tags
bluetooth, hack, ps3