Go Back   Pocketables Forum > Pocketables Community > Lounge

Lounge Introduce yourself and talk about what you want.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:47 AM
Tech Curious

Default Hi! Looking for advice on super small computing device for file management

Hello all!

I've stumbled across this forum while trying to do some research on finding the right gadget for my needs. Basically I'm looking for a small device that has a USB port (which can act as host) to allow me to transfer files from a Compact flash card (with reader) to an external hard drive, and from one external hard drive to another. Pretty basic stuff. Don't care what operating system it is (as long as it can read FAT32), just want it to be small, light, and preferably as cheap as possible.

I have an ASUS Eee PC 1000HA which handles this task with ease, but I'm looking for something a fraction of the size/weight. Don't mind getting something old and used as the processing requirements are almost negligible, as long as replacement batteries are still available for the device. Used might be ideal actually as to keep costs down and also the world of ultra small computers seems to have died down since the rise of the tablet.

Would love to hear any suggestions you might have for me!

Thanks so much!!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:54 AM
Tech Curious

Default Re: Hi! Looking for advice on super small computing device for file management

What about a fujitsu u820: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultraportati...item3cc564600c