Old 04-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Tech Curious

Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Default Re: Apple iPad Who will buy it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muka View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
You wish your favorite device's company has the same power huh? nope, Coz what you bought is useless to me and the rest of the world.

Hey don't worry. I know you have not seen a real iPad yet. It will come to your Country soon and people will be buying left and right like pan cakes then you will get heart broken again.
Hey I'm in China mate! Where there are any number of tablet and slate devices available, which do way much more than the iPad. Who needs Apple??

BTW my device of choice though is a Sony Vaio P. This does everything I need in a mobile device.

You know it's amazing how many gullible people are out there who will pay $500USD for a pair of Chinese manufactured jeans, just because they have Armani or something written on them. See also Apple products.
You talking about the clones? No Thanks. Bad experience with those. Sony, aside from being a big company, Cannot even change the game. Apple is killing their PSP. Look at what happen to PSP go. It's a big flop. You paid for a Vaio P for how much? What can it do? Limit your screen area in exchange of full OS? A pointing stick to navigate? Are you kidding me? No Photo, video editor, will work with that screen size. No architech will work with that. NO gamer will buy that. Noone will limit themselves doing spreadsheet on that. And that is a great buy huh? How many vaio P sold? Apparently, People think that Vaio P is useless that is why it did not sell much. People will buy things that are useful esp with this kind of economy. 450,000 of them did the last few weeks.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Technophile

Send a message via Skype™ to Muka

Well the Vaio P can make and receive video calls on Skype, that's very useful for for one, especially when keeping in contact with friends and family back home. Even a lot of mobile phone can do this, can the iPad? Nope.

The Vaio P does NOT depend on another computer for getting media and software onto the thing. The iPad is totally reliant on iTunes running on a Mac or PC. I find this totally unacceptable in a portable and mobile computer

Apple promises "iPad is the best way to experience the web.", HA!! The thing cant even do Flash. Something which a lot sites require, especially in China for basic functionality, or they just don't work at all without Flash. This is something Apple better fix before releasing it here. Vaio P handles Flash just fine. BTW Apple got into trouble in the UK with the Advertising Standards Authority, for making similar claims about the iPhone. Steve Jobs hates Adobe, so we all end up with a hobbled device.

I don't know where you are, USA I guess. The PSP is incredibly popular here, a very successful gaming product, as is Nintendo's DS. Talking about gaming. Can we run MAME and other open source games and applications on an iPad? Again the answer is no due to Apple's nasty restrictive closed garden DRMd 'App Store'.

Doh! So what photo or video editor is going to be working with an iPad?
Old 04-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Curious

Quote:
Well the Vaio P can make and receive video calls on Skype, that's very useful for for one, especially when keeping in contact with friends and family back home. Even a lot of mobile phone can do this, can the iPad? Nope.

The Vaio P does NOT depend on another computer for getting media and software onto the thing. The iPad is totally reliant on iTunes running on a Mac or PC. I find this totally unacceptable in a portable and mobile computer

Apple promises "iPad is the best way to experience the web.", HA!! The thing cant even do Flash. Something which a lot sites require, especially in China for basic functionality, or they just don't work at all without Flash. This is something Apple better fix before releasing it here. Vaio P handles Flash just fine. BTW Apple got into trouble in the UK with the Advertising Standards Authority, for making similar claims about the iPhone. Steve Jobs hates Adobe, so we all end up with a hobbled device.

I don't know where you are, USA I guess. The PSP is incredibly popular here, a very successful gaming product, as is Nintendo's DS. Talking about gaming. Can we run MAME and other open source games and applications on an iPad? Again the answer is no due to Apple's nasty restrictive closed garden DRMd 'App Store'.

Doh! So what photo or video editor is going to be working with an iPad?
If your mobile phone can do skype, Why buy the Vaio?LOL Oh yeah, It's shiny and has the sony logo?

Seems like you're Vaio usage are simple basic usage for an 800 dollar device. LOL, So who bought a useless 800 bucks that a 300 bucks netbook/notebook can do easily? I have a Laptop and things that iPad cannot do is done by it. The thing that you do not understand is Apple sells a device that will give a great experience to the consumer. Flash is a memory and a CPU hog. APple can easily put flash in iPad if they want to. The problem is, iPad will lose it's stability with flash bcoz it has mobile hardware. Go look at how JooJoo handles flash. Once people saw it, They remove the JooJoo out of their wish list. Apple is willing to drive the technology if they have to for their product. See HTML5. Works 100 times better than flash.

See how many functions iPad can do? it can do a PSP function too. How about Your vaio? can You compare it to PSP? LOL you wish.

Tell me how many Anti-virus, anti malware,spyware, adware etc etc did you put on your Vaio? Tell me why the more programs you install the slower it gets and the longer it boots? Tell me how long you need to wait to take a peek at an email,facebook twitter on Vaio when it's off?

I did not say that iPad can video edit and photo edit. I am saying that your Vaio has the same limitations as the iPad! LOL

According to your statement, You bought the $800 Vaio P bcoz of the flash. Do you know how stupid that sound? Tell me what's so important with flash and you paid 800 to have it?

I suppose you don't own a laptop coz it's just a king sized Vaio P?

Last edited by jethro_static; 04-14-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Technophile

Quote:
If your mobile phone can do skype, Why buy the Vaio?LOL Oh yeah, It's shiny and has the sony logo?

Seems like you're Vaio usage are simple basic usage for an 800 dollar device. LOL, So who bought a useless 800 bucks that a 300 bucks netbook/notebook can do easily? I have a Laptop and things that iPad cannot do is done by it. The thing that you do not understand is Apple sells a device that will give a great experience to the consumer. Flash is a memory and a CPU hog. APple can easily put flash in iPad if they want to. The problem is, iPad will lose it's stability with flash bcoz it has mobile hardware. Go look at how JooJoo handles flash. Once people saw it, They remove the JooJoo out of their wish list. Apple is willing to drive the technology if they have to for their product. See HTML5. Works 100 times better than flash.

See how many functions iPad can do? it can do a PSP function too. How about Your vaio? can You compare it to PSP? LOL you wish.

Tell me how many Anti-virus, anti malware,spyware, adware etc etc did you put on your Vaio? Tell me why the more programs you install the slower it gets and the longer it boots? Tell me how long you need to wait to take a peek at an email,facebook twitter on Vaio when it's off?

I did not say that iPad can video edit and photo edit. I am saying that your Vaio has the same limitations as the iPad! LOL

According to your statement, You bought the $800 Vaio P bcoz of the flash. Do you know how stupid that sound? Tell me what's so important with flash and you paid 800 to have it?

Are you enjoying this debate?

Yes I do own a full sized laptop. FYI it's a 2 year old 15inch Apple MacBook Pro running OS X and Windows 7. So I do buy some Apple products, all depends on my needs. I also have a 5th generation Apple iPod, which is running the alternative Rockbox firmware, so it's not dependant on iTunes, and can do much more than Apple intended.

The reason for buying the Vaio P over a cheaper netbook and things like the iPad, is the fact it's jacket pocket sized, can run full blown Microsoft Office and Open Office, and most importantly has a real keyboard. I do NOT need to carry it round in a bag during my days at work.

I still stand by what I originally said about the iPad been no more than a home coffee table and armchair media consumption device. Apple thinks so as well. One only has to watch their iPad promotional videos to see this:-
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/o5TXpmGXjNA/

Flash is essential for sites we use regularly here like:-
http://english.cctv.com/live/
http://video.baidu.com/

Will they work with the iPad? I don't think so, because they certainly don't work on it's smaller brothers the iPod Touch and iPhone. They work with the Vaio P just great.

What viruses and malware? I use Windows 7 on the P, and only use the security options it comes with. Not experienced any slowdowns or problems at all in over 6 months of using Windows 7 on it, and not expecting any.

BTW I used to do Facebook but lost interest in it, and never really saw the point of Twitter. Anyway those sites are not easily accessible in the PRC.

Last edited by Muka; 04-14-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Curious

Quote:
Quote:

Are you enjoying this debate?

Yes I do own a full sized laptop. FYI it's a 2 year old 15inch Apple MacBook Pro running OS X and Windows 7. So I do buy some Apple products, all depends on my needs. I also have a 5th generation Apple iPod, which is running the alternative Rockbox firmware, so it's not dependant on iTunes, and can do much more than Apple intended.

The reason for buying the Vaio P over a cheaper netbook and things like the iPad, is the fact it's jacket pocket sized, can run full blown Microsoft Office and Open Office, and most importantly has a real keyboard. I do NOT need to carry it round in a bag during my days at work.

I still stand by what I originally said about the iPad been no more than a home coffee table and armchair media consumption device. Apple thinks so as well. One only has to watch their iPad promotional videos to see this:-
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/o5TXpmGXjNA/

Flash is essential for sites we use regularly here like:-
http://english.cctv.com/live/
http://video.baidu.com/

Will they work with the iPad? I don't think so, because they certainly don't work on it's smaller brothers the iPod Touch and iPhone. They work with the Vaio P just great.

What viruses and malware? I use Windows 7 on the P, and only use the security options it comes with. Not experienced any slowdowns or problems at all in over 6 months of using Windows 7 on it, and not expecting any.

BTW I used to do Facebook but lost interest in it, and never really saw the point of Twitter. Anyway those sites are not easily accessible in the PRC.
Yeah, I heard that already. "My PC never had a problem." Yeah right. Yeah, it never had a problem coz you limit yourself on installing stuffs in there because it will eventually slow down. You've been very careful on the web in fear on viruses and malwares. Seems like you yourself is struggling to find a reason why you didn't buy the Vaio bcoz it's shiny and expensive an has a SOny logo. Nobody will ever even consider buying and 800 device so that they can visit 2 sites you mentioned. I think your Vaio is as useless as you claim the iPad is. I see it as a useless device myself. But guess what, U thought Vaio P is useful to you. So it means, What is useless to me is prolly useful to others. But I don't run my mouth on forums how useless Vaio P is to me. Do you see yourself now?

He has a Laptop. WOW! Why do you have a laptop? it's just an oversized Vaio P? WHy do people buy an iPad? It's just an oversized iPod touch/iPhone? Only ignorant people won't understand the similarity of that statement.

So every device that does not have a keyboard, Cannot run MS office, and does not fit in your pocket is useless? There is nothing more on your post from the start aside from hate, jealousy or envy. I don't know why do you have that but I certainly proved that it's what it is.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Technophile

Quote:
Yeah, I heard that already. "My PC never had a problem." Yeah right. Yeah, it never had a problem coz you limit yourself on installing stuffs in there because it will eventually slow down. You've been very careful on the web in fear on viruses and malwares.
Well by making a statement like that, you've just proved yourself to be typical ignorant Apple fanboy.

The simple fact is though, the iPad is a coffee table device intended for armchair browsing and casual gaming. Apple thinks so as well. The truth hurts doesn't it?
Old 04-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Curious

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I heard that already. "My PC never had a problem." Yeah right. Yeah, it never had a problem coz you limit yourself on installing stuffs in there because it will eventually slow down. You've been very careful on the web in fear on viruses and malwares.
Well by making a statement like that, you've just proved yourself to be typical ignorant Apple fanboy.

The simple fact is though, the iPad is a coffee table device intended for armchair browsing and casual gaming. Apple thinks so as well. The truth hurts doesn't it?
I think the only ignorant here is you. I say those statement coz I am a PC technician and that is about the 95% of PC problems/complaints that I fix.

I am the one hurt? You're the one doing the blah blah blah about the iPad. and come out with the stupid reasons why people buys iPad and it turned out, That stupid reason you came up with, also applies to you. Apple never told anyone how to use their iPads. It's up to the owners. You are now officially PWNED!

Last edited by jethro_static; 04-15-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Curious

I suggest to the MODS to close this thread coz this will just get ugly.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Technophile

Quote:
You are now official PWNED!
Save the immature leetspeak for Facebook or whenever you normally hang out.

Can you please tell the forum, what uses will you have for your iPad? Which is not armchair browsing, watching videos and casual gaming.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Curious

Quote:
Quote:
You are now official PWNED!
Save the immature leetspeak for Facebook or whenever you normally hang out.

Can you please tell the forum, what uses will you have for your iPad? Which is not armchair browsing, watching videos and casual gaming.
DJ's can do remixes of their track on the go. Musicians can still play musical instrument w/o their grand pianos on the go are some few things. Of course old folks will enjoy the ebook function with a dedicated ibook store, Newspaper industry is apparently will be saved by the iPad. There are still folks out there that enjoys reading comic books. Artistic people can make use of sketchbook pro. An app that allows you to draw or do paintings. And of course, the night stand. while armchair browsing, watching videos and casual gaming of course. They can do 1, 2 or all of them in 1 device Or they can just buy the Vaio P, Forget the DJ, Musical instrument, Drawing hobby that they have etc and just go to websites with flash contents.

Your brain is too narrow you won't understand how big this is for them.

Last edited by jethro_static; 04-15-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:19 AM
Tech Obsessed

-

Enough already!

If you like something and can afford it, then buy it. You don't have to justify your purchase to anyone else. If you don't like something (and can afford it), then don't buy it.

Value and utility is the purchaser's decision.

-
Old 04-16-2010, 05:34 AM
Tech Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybernevets View Post
-

Enough already!

If you like something and can afford it, then buy it. You don't have to justify your purchase to anyone else. If you don't like something (and can afford it), then don't buy it.

Value and utility is the purchaser's decision.

-
What the hell are you talking about? If you don't like the discussion, You are not required to post here. This is not about who can afford what. This is about educating the ignorant.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:56 PM

Hey guys, we've probably taken this thread as far as it needs to go. Everyone has given their opinion, some people like the iPad, some don't.

Jethro, save some of that energy for the EVO 4G threads
Old 04-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalcomp View Post
Hey guys, we've probably taken this thread as far as it needs to go. Everyone has given their opinion, some people like the iPad, some don't.

Jethro, save some of that energy for the EVO 4G threads
Fasho. I apologize. This is my last post here. See yah later.
EVO FTW!
Old 09-25-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Curious

Ipad is a fantastic piece of kit and will do very well!