Go Back   Pocketables Forum > Android Devices > Android Mobile Phones > HTC EVO series

Old 10-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Curious
Default Major Sprint problems in Austin

I didn't know where to post this except on this forum.

Ever since Sprint did their LTE tower upgrade about five weeks ago I have had calls dropped multiple times during conversations as well as being unable to make calls.

I took my EVO 4G LTE into the Sprint repair center where diagnostics were run. The phone passed The tech than told me the problem is that when they did the LTE tower upgrade all the towers in Austin were supposed to talk to a switching office in Dallas instead of Austin. Some of the towers did not the change so some are still talking to the Austin switching office. While driving when towers are switched and one tower is connected to one city and the other is connected to another city is when a call is dropped.

And yet I have driven the same route and not had a dropped call.

The tech told me the that the problem would be fixed by late November at the latest. At this point I don't care. I was a happy Sprint customer until this issue with dropped calls started. At this point all I want to do is get out of my contract without paying the ETF and switch to Verizon.

So is anyone else having problems in Austin. (I have talked to several people at work who have also experienced the same issue)

So I'm venting and looking to see if anyone knows anything more about
this issue.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:45 AM
Default Re: Major Sprint problems in Austin

Honestly, this seems like the same old run around from Sprint. If they're not even willing to fix the problem until a month and a half from now in "late November" (which realistically, given Sprint's timetables, probably means January if you're lucky), they should let you out ETF free.

Sprint doesn't guarantee service everywhere, of course, but when service degrades to a point where you can't even make and keep phone calls in an area where previously you could, that seems to me like Sprint has broken their end of the agreement.

Call a bunch, complain, talk to manager, contact the BBB or the FCC - do what you gotta do. Keep us updated!
Old 10-17-2013, 03:30 AM
Tech Curious
Default Re: Major Sprint problems in Austin

Well last night I called and complained because the problem is still occurring. I was polite but said I was upset and am now a very dissatisfied customer. I got the canned response of we're sorry. They did give me a $50 credit which will be split across my next two bills.

I than asked to talk to a supervisor. I got the same canned response and how the techs are working on it. The supervisor mentioned about changing equipment and how it was going to be greener. He told me that the ETR (estimated time to repair) was 8:15 last night which was right after I had the last dropped call.

He also told me that when everything is working it will be great.

I'm not willing to wait for this.

At this point how do I get out of my contract without getting hit with the ETF? What do I have to say to them to get them to release me?

austin, dropped calls