Go Back   Pocketables Forum > Android Devices > Android Mobile Phones > HTC EVO series

HTC EVO series HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE

Old 06-12-2013, 02:55 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Those who claim a removable battery is not a necessity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadTarn View Post
I've got the best reason I can think of. I'm still using my HTC Evo 4g as a daily driver after 3 years. In those 3 years I have burned out 4 batteries.
Removable battery= phone keeps working

Non removable battery= dead phone after you kill off your battery

Since I can't afford to keep buying new phones, I'll stick with putting new batteries in my Evo till the standard of new software requires more hardware than I've got.
With all the external chargers and battery cases available these days, this is actually the best reason I can come up with, too. The same might also be said for laptops with built in batteries...
Old 10-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Tech Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Orquia View Post
Might be the charger you were using, because with GPS+Podcast streaming over HSPA+, Bluetooth audio, screen on, same situation as John, my Nexus 4 still charges in the car. It charges slowly, but still charges via the cigarette plug. With an AC converter it charges even faster.
I have recently found another reason for slow, or failed, charging. For a while, there was enough juice to light up the charge light, but the phone either just barely held its charge or lost it.

The phones charged easily in the car and elsewhere, just not at home (even when turned off). At first, I thought the chargers were damaged because I had put extended batteries in my phone and maybe they drew too much current, but buying a new (and more powerful) one didn't help. Then, I thought it was the NSA bugging my phones.

Finally figured it out. Two of my Micro USB cables were just barely making a connection (most likely, several of the strands were broken). When I started using a third cable at home, the charging problem went away.

Jeff
Old 10-25-2013, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

I've gone through three or four cables since becoming an EVO 4G owner. I have two cables that work perfectly for data but do not charge. They originally would, now no.

Much higher rate of destruction than I would have anticipated.