Old 12-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Curious

Default rooting

Need help I need information on how to root
my hkc P771A android tablet with the ice cream sandwich is without using a computer I know Google is doing its best to halt rooting I'm -hoping there is a genius out there that will with apps I could use or at least what sites I should check out. Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
dead dealer
Victor

Last edited by deaddealer; 12-10-2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: added more
Old 12-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: rooting

er, Google isn't doing anything much to halt rooting. All nexus tablets (google devices) are rootable. Usually it's the manufacturer that's locked it down for one reason or another (such as the carrier is flipping out about it), In this case HKC locked it at 4.0.4

I doubt you're going to find an application that will root this though as all I can find involve using a computer. I'd check at xda-developers and see if you can locate anything... that's the only place I see on the net that has anything mentioned about it that's somewhat recent
Old 12-16-2013, 07:16 AM
Administrator

Default Re: rooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildlydisturbed View Post
I doubt you're going to find an application that will root this though as all I can find involve using a computer.
Yeah... unfortunately, gone are the days of one-click root apps. Probably better for device security this way, but still...