Go Back   Pocketables Forum > Android Devices > Android Mobile Phones > HTC EVO series

HTC EVO series HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE

Old 04-19-2012, 05:24 AM
Tech Curious

Default Backing up apps/data to upgrade to new Evo LTE

I'm not sure if I missed a thread with this content already, but does anybody know what options will be available for backing up content on our original HTC Evo 4G phones and being able to restore it on the new LTE phone with ICS? I realize it's too soon to have a rooting method for a phone that's not even released yet, but once it is, will it be possible to backup apps/data on our old phones and restore it to our new ones?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Backing up apps/data to upgrade to new Evo LTE

rooting method is initially going to be HTCDev shortly after launch. That much HTC has promised to us.

After that, got to wait for a recovery to be ported (give it a week), chainssu.com for the superuser binary for ICS, install superuser from market, install titanium, bam.

So, the only two unknown timeframes are recovery and htcdev
Old 04-19-2012, 07:51 AM
Tech Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mildlydisturbed View Post
rooting method is initially going to be HTCDev shortly after launch. That much HTC has promised to us.

After that, got to wait for a recovery to be ported (give it a week), chainssu.com for the superuser binary for ICS, install superuser from market, install titanium, bam.

So, the only two unknown timeframes are recovery and htcdev
Will Titanium Backup files from a Gingerbread Evo 4G be compatible with the ICS Evo 4G LTE?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Will Titanium Backup files from a Gingerbread Evo 4G be compatible with the ICS Evo 4G LTE?
Some yes, I use Titanium on my ICS test phone (my EVO 4G) and have ported things from GB to ICS no issues. Actual release experience may differ, but most apps and their data I had no problem restoring.

Now, you're not going to be able to restore all your settings, wallpaper, old framework stuff, but your angry birds, zombie farm, etc should work just fine.

So, from page of XDA right now had a video of the unboxing, unlocking, and rooting of an HTC ONE X - so, looks like the HTCDev portion is done, guessing the recovery is too, but can't watch at the moment.