Go Back   Pocketables Forum > Microsoft Windows Devices > Windows - Laptops, Ultrabooks, Tablets & UMPCs

Old 11-10-2012, 06:23 AM
Tech Curious

Lightbulb Project IEMGD on Windows: Unify all netbook\notebook support into an unique Installation

Dear Users, this should be the new layout of future IEMGD Setup Add-on for Windows 7/8/8.1
It is necessary to support Devices not compatibile with IEMGD Default Settings
For now the list is short but with the time and developers will be easy to add much more profiles.
How to collaborate? It's very simply: If you have a device that doesn't work with my releases but works with other or if you are a developer and want to share a profile contact me!
Note.(Custom mode has to be updated)
Know Working Devices with DEFAULT PROFILE:
Asus 1101 , Asus 1201 , Acer Aspire AO751H , Dell Mini 1010 , Kohjinsha SX3 , Nokia 3G Booklet and probably many other

Features:
+Automatic Support for Windows 8.x
+One Updated Package for a multi-device support
+Custom Mode
+Fast Setup Mode
+Compatible only with US15 devices (for limit profiles list): Netbooks\notebooks\tablets with Intel GMA 500

How it works?
Select your model->OK->Official IEMGD Installer

DOWNLOAD: HERE

Last edited by kazar; 01-22-2014 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Updated Project
Old 12-01-2012, 07:53 AM
Tech Curious

Arrow Re: Project IEMGD on Windows: Unify all netbook\notebook support into an unique Installation

Old post
http://gma500booster.blogspot.com

Last edited by kazar; 01-16-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:09 AM
Tech Curious

Default Re: Project IEMGD on Windows: Unify all netbook\notebook support into an unique Installation

Interesting project, any chance you could support the Viliv N5 (Atom Z520), and Windows XP (I'm on a japanese XP SP3) ?
Old 12-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Tech Curious

Default Re: Project IEMGD on Windows: Unify all netbook\notebook support into an unique Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamui_kun View Post
Interesting project, any chance you could support the Viliv N5 (Atom Z520), and Windows XP (I'm on a japanese XP SP3) ?
this beta supports only windows vista\7\8
I have no information about viliv n5 (resolution? ;output vga or hdmi-> Chipset? Silicon or Chrontel?)
Old 12-08-2012, 01:58 AM
Tech Curious

too bad, but I saw on the Intel website that the IEMGD driver sources are also available for XP SP3 ...
about the Viliv N5 :
cpu: Intel Atom Z520 at 1.33 ghz
gpu: GMA 500
resolution: 1024x600
here is the command line I use to overclock it, I don't know if this is the chipset version in the parameters :
"C:\Program Files\SetFSB\setfsb.exe" -s166 -cg[ICS9UMS9610BL] -q
Old 12-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Tech Curious

Exclamation Re: Project IEMGD on Windows: Unify all netbook\notebook support into an unique Installation

Quote:
too bad, but I saw on the Intel website that the IEMGD driver sources are also available for XP SP3 ...
about the Viliv N5 :
cpu: Intel Atom Z520 at 1.33 ghz
gpu: GMA 500
resolution: 1024x600
here is the command line I use to overclock it, I don't know if this is the chipset version in the parameters :
"C:\Program Files\SetFSB\setfsb.exe" -s166 -cg[ICS9UMS9610BL] -q
ICS9UMS9610BL is your clock gen
As i can see from internet your device has no video output so you can test my driver for "generic devices" for windows xp\7 downloadable from IEMGD 1.14 section HERE
If you got black screen after installation you have to unistall driver from Windows Safe Mode (F8 during boot).
This problems usually is caused by inverter frequency so, if you got it, have to edit iegd.inf with notepad and add this string to LVDS6x4 settings:
HKR, ALL\1\Port\4\Attr , 71, %REG_DWORD%, 20300
Old 12-10-2012, 03:00 AM
Tech Curious

I've tryed your generic driver, but I have this error message : "all components are not installed correctly. Please try installing again"
When installing, I have a popup asking me to change the driver, and after that I have the error message I mentionned.
I don't know if this problem is due to my OS version (japanese XP SP3).
I've tryed to install it in safe mode, same problem...
I've also tryed adding the line you mentionned.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Curious

Arrow Re: Project IEMGD on Windows: Unify all netbook\notebook support into an unique Installation

Quote:
I've tryed your generic driver, but I have this error message : "all components are not installed correctly. Please try installing again"
When installing, I have a popup asking me to change the driver, and after that I have the error message I mentionned.
I don't know if this problem is due to my OS version (japanese XP SP3).
I've tryed to install it in safe mode, same problem...
I've also tryed adding the line you mentionned.
Direct link WINDOWS XP Generic
unzip e install from WindowsDriverSETUP.cmd
No Popup error have to appear because this driver is XPDM (Windows XP display driver model)..probably you downloaded 7\8 driver?
If you got an error upload an image
Old 12-11-2012, 02:48 AM
Tech Curious

Yes this is the exact version I used. I think it is a problem due to my OS being in japanese, maybe a path problem.
Anyway, I've tested the driver on my Viliv S5 (witch is the same specs as the N5), it is running Windows 7 US. The installation was completed normally, but after restart, the display is all messed up (there is interlace vertical lines and the desktop is panned, that is the start menu is not in the lower left corner but above and to the right...)
I've also tryed adding the line you mentionned, same display bug.
I don't know if this can help you, but I've installed the "DriverX by Yushatak", and it is working well, you can get it from here : http://www.pocketables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8943
Old 12-11-2012, 03:42 AM
Tech Curious

Quote:
Yes this is the exact version I used. I think it is a problem due to my OS being in japanese, maybe a path problem.
Anyway, I've tested the driver on my Viliv S5 (witch is the same specs as the N5), it is running Windows 7 US. The installation was completed normally, but after restart, the display is all messed up (there is interlace vertical lines and the desktop is panned, that is the start menu is not in the lower left corner but above and to the right...)
I've also tryed adding the line you mentionned, same display bug.
I don't know if this can help you, but I've installed the "DriverX by Yushatak", and it is working well, you can get it from here : http://www.pocketables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8943
ok problem is here: profile for your device is LVDS10x6Sam
just try replacing iegd.inf yushatak with my iegd.inf and tell me if it works
(ced usally not modify inf)
Old 12-11-2012, 04:56 AM
Tech Curious

I've installed your driver with yushatak's iegd.inf, the installation works, but it seems the driver is not activated : there is no Intel icon in the notification area of the taskbar, and when trying to access the display options by right clicking on the desktop, I have an error message : "EMGDGUI: Error Detected! Aborting. Please verify if EMGD is active."

I have tested some benchmarks, crystalmark 2004, I have 298 in OpenGL. I think I should have around 1200 using a correct EMGD, so I think the driver is not active somehow.

BTW, same problem with yushatak driver, the installation works but I have theses same problems...
Old 12-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Curious

Quote:
I've installed your driver with yushatak's iegd.inf, the installation works, but it seems the driver is not activated : there is no Intel icon in the notification area of the taskbar, and when trying to access the display options by right clicking on the desktop, I have an error message : "EMGDGUI: Error Detected! Aborting. Please verify if EMGD is active."

I have tested some benchmarks, crystalmark 2004, I have 298 in OpenGL. I think I should have around 1200 using a correct EMGD, so I think the driver is not active somehow.

BTW, same problem with yushatak driver, the installation works but I have theses same problems...
emgdgui error is given by incorrect file inf driver version...

Last edited by kazar; 12-14-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:42 AM
Tech Curious

I have installed a japanese XP SP3 to my S5, and I have tryed your latest driver, and now it is fully working
I can access the options now, but I have still one problem : I don't have the scaling type option... Right now when running something in fullscreen, it is stretched on the whole screen (for instance, 640x480 is stretched on the whole 1024x600, witch is bad, as the 2 resolution don't have the same aspect ratio...).
Can you enable this option ? or at least force the driver to use "aspect scaling" that is scaling in fullscreen but with respect of the source aspect ratio... I don't care if it is forced and always on as this is the only scaling type I use anyway...
Thanks again
Old 12-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Curious

Exclamation Re: Project IEMGD on Windows: Unify all netbook\notebook support into an unique Installation

Quote:
I have installed a japanese XP SP3 to my S5, and I have tryed your latest driver, and now it is fully working
I can access the options now, but I have still one problem : I don't have the scaling type option... Right now when running something in fullscreen, it is stretched on the whole screen (for instance, 640x480 is stretched on the whole 1024x600, witch is bad, as the 2 resolution don't have the same aspect ratio...).
Can you enable this option ? or at least force the driver to use "aspect scaling" that is scaling in fullscreen but with respect of the source aspect ratio... I don't care if it is forced and always on as this is the only scaling type I use anyway...
Thanks again
sorry for long time but i'm working
try this driver revision: DOWNLOAD ..please refert on my blog http://gma500booster.blogspot.it/201...tallation.html or here
i don't check this website always (other download link was removed)

Last edited by kazar; 12-14-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:06 AM
Tech Curious

Hi,
Would it be possible to include the Fujitsu Q550 / GMA 600 with 1280x800 for Windows 8?