Go Back   Pocketables Forum > Android Devices > Android Mobile Phones > HTC EVO series

HTC EVO series HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE

Old 01-13-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Curious

Default Bluetooth on MeanBean

I haven't tried a fresh install lately, but my phone doesn't like bluetooth right now. It says it starts, but it takes many tries to get something to connect. I don't use bluetooth much, but just recently have something I want to use it with. I do remember that I was able to use a bluetooth headset without issue a while ago and I did do a full wipe before an install before christmas. I've been going dirty ever sense.
But I haven't had much luck with getting bluetooth to work. Even on my headset I never use. I have confirmed that the devices I want to use are working so I know it's my phone. Tomorrow my plan is to do a full wipe then install and if that doesn't work then maybe trying mean rom on ICS or maybe cm10. I love sense on my phone so cm10 will just be to test everything out and make sure it isn't a rom issue. I haven't seen any mention of bluetooth issues on the rom so I'm 90% sure my phone is the cause. And if I'm going to take it back to sprint I'll need to put it on a stock rom and maybe try to change my splash screen that says it's for dev purposes only.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:25 AM
Tech Curious

Default Re: Bluetooth on MeanBean

Ok I got this fixed. After a long battle to unroot and s-off my phone I got it completely replaced for free.
Seems like a new phone so I'm happy!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Glad to hear this was resolved for you - even if it meant getting a new phone. I'm running MeanBean now and I haven't run into any issues - surprisingly, though, Bluetooth works really terribly for me on CM10, which is one of the reasons I decided to go back to Sense.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

only bluetooth issue I've had with MeanBean was the hiccups on screen off
Old 02-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Curious

I'm sure mine was due to one of the drops I've had or maybe having my phone in the bathroom with me when I shower. But they didn't' mention water damage or anything like that.

So far it's working like a champ and I can finally use my MOGA controller I got off of gizmodo for $5.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

excelent - let us know if anything else pops up with it.
My bet is it was just a bad radio or a busted antennae or something.