Go Back   Pocketables Forum > Android Devices > Android Mobile Phones > HTC EVO series

HTC EVO series HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE

Old 04-11-2013, 03:28 AM
Administrator

Default Who's making the jump to the HTC One?

The title says it all - how many of you EVO lovers are giving up the illustrious EVO brand in favor of the One? And if so, are you staying with Sprint or going another route?

I'm personally keeping my EVO 4G LTE a little longer, until I can see what Google is going to unveil at I/O in May. I may even wait until closer to the end of the year for the next Nexus phone. For whatever reason, I just don't seem to have "new phone fever" yet... which is weird for me.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Tech Obsessed

Default Re: Who's making the jump to the HTC One?

Is HTC discontinuing the EVO line?
Old 04-12-2013, 03:54 AM
Administrator

Seems like it:
  • There was no mid-range EVO released after the EVO 4G LTE. The EVO Shift 4G and EVO Design 4G were both released about half a year after the original EVO 4G and the EVO 3D.
  • There are no leaks about an upcoming EVO - we've always gotten leaks about new EVOs by now.
  • It wouldn't make sense for Sprint to release the HTC One in April, and then the next EVO in May or June, which has always been the timeframe for major EVO releases.
  • HTC seems pretty dead set against carrier branding going forward, which is what the EVO was.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Curious

I have been wondering this same question. Is the EVO name gone, or just delayed? Should I wait or should I jump on the One? Would love a larger screen.... Decisions!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbo2000 View Post
I have been wondering this same question. Is the EVO name gone, or just delayed? Should I wait or should I jump on the One? Would love a larger screen.... Decisions!
What phone do you have now? Personally, I'm happy keeping my EVO 4G LTE for a while longer until I see what will be released at I/O in May, and what the next Nexus device will look like when that's released closer to the holiday season.

If you've got an EVO 3D or older, maybe it's time to upgrade now, though...
Old 04-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, I didn't realize that HTC was moving towards ending the EVO line. I've always been fond of the line since I had an original EVO, and nearly bought the Evo 4G LTE. Of course, I can understand unifying the product line even in name, and the One is certainly an impressive device. The more I look at it in fact, the more I consider upgrading.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Curious

I have to say that the HTC One is the first phone in a long time that has made my Nokia Lumia jealous. Beautiful design and execution on HTC's part.

I won't be making the jump, but I can't wait to get one in my hands and try it out!
Old 04-21-2013, 03:47 AM
Tech Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcham93 View Post
I have to say that the HTC One is the first phone in a long time that has made my Nokia Lumia jealous. Beautiful design and execution on HTC's part.

I won't be making the jump, but I can't wait to get one in my hands and try it out!
This is why HTC needs to make a flagship Windows Phone...
Old 04-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcham93 View Post

Am I the only Android guy who just isn't that impressed with the HTC One? I look at it and just go, "meh."
Old 04-23-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Quote:
I have been wondering this same queries. n. Is the EVO name gone, or just delayed? Should I wait or should I jump on the One? Would love a larger screen.... Decisions!
What phone do you have now? Personally, I'm happy keeping my EVO 4G LTE for a while longer until I see what will be released at I/O in May, and what the next Nexus device will look like when that's released closer to the holiday season.

If you've got an EVO 3D or older, maybe it's time to upgrade now, though...
I have an Evo LTE, but have grown tired of Sprint's network here in Raleigh. For the first 4 months I couldn't receive a call at work with the EVO whereas other Sprint phones were working fine. I have switched to T-mobile and am going to pick up the One tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I have an Evo LTE, but have grown tired of Sprint's network here in Raleigh. For the first 4 months I couldn't receive a call at work with the EVO whereas other Sprint phones were working fine. I have switched to T-mobile and am going to pick up the One tomorrow.
Be sure to pop back in the forum and give us some of your first impressions after you pick it up! I'm really interested in the public reception of this phone, even though I don't really think it's for me.

Did you get in on HTC's trade-in offer, too? That's a pretty good deal!