Lightbulb Re: Mobile Vaio teaser on Sony Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
Good work, hazmat!....

OK, maybe it's a rebadged UMID....

Old 12-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Obsessed

Default Re: Mobile Vaio teaser on Sony Japan

Think you guys are getting little side tracked - the TT shown in the jkon the run article is the TT - already launched in Japan. The teaser is something new - and the long envelope is in keeping with the pic Jenn scooped a while back.

Its interesting that the marketing is akin to the Vaio U101

http://www.vaio.sony.co.jp/Products/PCG-U101/index.html
Old 12-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Zealot

Here's the screen grab from jkOTR:

I wonder how accurate those specs are. Nothing about them seems to be doing the job of "changing the way we look at laptops" (or whatever the Sony New Zealand teaser site promised), so I don't know what to believe. Who knows if it's even going to be called the P series. If it is, though, then that's reason enough for me get one given the obvious tie-in with my favicon.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Obsessed

I think the sony posting has less to do with the new Vaio and more to do with just an error posted on the site.

The pic is of a TT and so are the colours - doubt very much that the new one will sport the same.

As for the other bits of info....well they are just that, bits.

The Sony Style Japan website is really where the action is anyway - Im staying tuned in there for the unveiling of the teaser trail.

One thing is certain, that itwont be long before we all know!

The other thing to remeber is that Sony are pretty much pioneers in this sector - innovative is their middle name and it is bund to surprise.

The Z, TT and Jenn's (and my) new toy, the X1 all hit he mark....which is exactly where this one is no dubt squarely aimed

Last edited by Virtua; 12-28-2008 at 06:22 AM. Reason: missed a bit!
Old 12-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Zealot

I have high hopes for this one, too, Virtua. I'm sure its price will cause the masses to complain and list all the other netbooks with equivalent or better specs that cost less, but I'll be too busy unboxing and using the new Vaio to notice.

Did you see the Photoshopped job on Engadget today?

It looks so much like a PictureBook that I'm ready to do as hazmat suggested and send Sony a blank check. And this isn't even the real thing!
Old 12-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Technophile

I'm really eager to see this too, even though I love my SC3. I just hope they don't do something stupid like limit the RAM to 1GB. I would love to see more that 2GB possible. What's the date we're expecting to hear now?
Old 12-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Tech Obsessed

Hi Jenn, thanks for the Endaget pic - hadnt seen it. The teaser has shifted a gear slightly - no longer on the front page, now in with the main notebooks area - when you click on that envelope you get some flash animation of a woman walking out ofa door and you get to see a glimpse of the keyboard!

The endaget pic has the mouse track bit spot on - its there for sure - check it out!

http://www.jp.sonystyle.com/Style-a/...ile/index.html

Im with you geoffery - it needs to have 2gb ram, mixed with flash and sony styling this will be a dream machine. Question is - is this the new U, or is that yet to come>

Im going to be careful this time round....no, make that sensible...dare i say. if this is a must purchase...and it well might be Im goin to do my best to hang back a little -
When I bought the Ux it was crazy - I bought the UX50..then shortly after the UX90 flash 16gb came out...then shortly after the UX91 flash 32gb / 1gb ram came out. It was the same with my Z - either blue ray or flash....shortly after you could HAVE both Man I am a sucker in a sweet shop!

I have to say that my Fujitsu U50BN (Flash 64gb) is just the best - Ive been realy getting alot of use out of it - very practical, good battery life and ultra portable. Flash makes it though, and the flash inside is fast too....I wouldnt want to use one with a spindle. So the Sony is going to have to be something to make me want to buy. Famous last words of course
Old 12-29-2008, 01:59 AM
Tech Zealot

Do they make it in pink ?
Old 12-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Obsessed

should be able to in the Vaio owner made section
Old 12-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Zealot

Great find, Virtua! I captured the keyboard glimpses:

Looks like the same keyboard as my TZ (minus the track stick), which is great for typing but dreadful for keeping clean. I keep a can of compressed air on hand at all times!

If this is really the Vaio P, then I'm going to remain hopeful that a new U/UX is still in the works.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Zealot

Begining to scare me....Has Sony slipped some psychotropic "love" drug into it's TZ series that makes people go wacky for all things Sony ?
Old 12-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Zealot

I think Sony slipped that drug to me when I was still in the womb.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Zealot

Yum! Cookie cutter keys! This keyboard Seems even tastier than the HP mini 1000s.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Technophile

Soooo pretty.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:58 AM
Tech Obsessed

Thats pretty clever Jenn, not sure how you did that. I must have plaed it back ten tims to look at!

I note there are 5 rows, just like my fujitsu which is good. I like the TZ / Z keyboard - particularly the Z which has "heavier, more weighted keys" Difficult to know if this is a U I agree....if there is no touch screen I am banking on a U still being in the works.

What is interesting is that on the same page as the teaser - Sony reccomends Vista Ultimate - a laning towards a high performance machine maybe.