Old 12-31-2008, 01:51 PM

Post How to enable two finger scrolling on the Samsung NC10

The Synaptics touchpad on the Samsung NC10 supports two finger scrolling, but the default driver doesn’t support this feature. Since a lot of people are complaining that the NC10 touchpad is so small, that two finger scrolling will be a very good option as it allows you to turn off the virtual scrollbars on the sides of the pad and that you can make use of the entire touchpad. There’s an open source tool that will enable the two finger scrolling. You can download it here:

http://code.google.com/p/two-finger-scroll/downloads/list

This runs as a standalone EXE and can be configured to run at startup. Here is how to setup Two Finger Scrolling and how to configure virtual scrolling in Windows.

1) Download the Two Finger Scrolling software.
2) Unzip and Run the EXE.
3) Double click on the Two Finger Scroll icon (looks like a hand) in the taskbar tray to open the program.
4) Check the "Start with Windows" checkbox, click OK and close the settings window.
5) Now open the Windows Control Panel>Mouse and make sure the Synaptics Touchpad is in the Buttons>Button Configuration>Device dropdown tab.
6) Now click Device Settings>Setting: to open the properties window and uncheck all virtual scrolling checkboxes under the virtual scrolling tree node.
7) Now go to Pointer Motions>Pinch and uncheck "Enable Pinch"
8) Click Apply and close the setting window.

You have now successfully installed Two Finger Scrolling on your Samsung NC10. Enjoy the two finger scrolling and larger touchpad space.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:14 AM
Tech Curious

Default Re: How to enable two finger scrolling on the Samsung NC10

How to make it work under vista? i get unregistered class error
Old 01-03-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Curious

I registered on this forum just to say thank you for the info. This is just what I've been needing. Works like a dream so far.

Now I need an app to turn me into a Real Human Boy so these freakin' catcha things on forums like this let me register without having to refresh the captcha image three time 'till something is legible to me.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Tech Curious

Quote:
the default driver doesn’t support this feature.
Strange, ours came with that function available and enabled.

An in fact I've just disabled it since we found too many time the browser was going into very (very!) small font mode - while there are key strokes to zoom out again, we found it too annoying and so disabled 'Pinch' which seems to have stopped the accidental font zooming so far
Old 01-05-2009, 02:35 AM
Tech Curious

Finally I succeeded in enabling 2 finger scroll in vista.Default vista touchpad drivers were not supporting multitouch so i installed synaptic vista driver of SAMSUNG X 360 P34, THIS enabled multitouch after this I installed 2 fingerscroll google driver .Now touch pad works great.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:51 AM
Tech Curious

Having a little trouble with this. I followed the guide but using 2 fingers is succesful half the time, the other half it's zooming the display (the equivalent of pressing ctrl & + in Firefox).

Is there any way to completely disable the zoom action?
Old 09-18-2010, 03:46 AM
Tech Curious

wow awesome finally a solution!

Tags
netbook, samsung nc10, trackpad, two finger scrolling