Go Back   Pocketables Forum > Other Platforms & Gadgets > Digital Media Players

Digital Media Players Flash-based and hard drive DAPs and PMPs

Old 06-23-2008, 03:26 AM

Default Archos 604 recovery (code 4) error

Dang it! I just dropped my Archos 604 wifi and now it is giving me a Recovery (code 4) error and asking me to recover, but when I try to it will ask me to connect the device to my PC and install the update file, which I don't have.

Anyone know how I can fix this problem when I don't have the update file?
Old 06-23-2008, 05:33 PM

Default Re: Archos 604 recovery (code 4) error

Yay!I fixed it. All you have to do is reinstall the latest *.aos file. If you don't have it you can get it at archos.com
Old 09-21-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Curious

Download the .aos file from the Archos website (firmware/operating system) - http://www.archos.com/support/suppor...global&lang=en

Select your archos type from the dropdown & save the downloaded file (*.aos) to your desktop - in my case "a404.aos".

Attach your archos to your powered on pc & switch on the archos.

When prompted with "No", "Repair" or "Format", you need to select either format or repair - format is more reliable however removes all data!!! - this allows your pc to see the Archos - do not select done after selecting format or repair.

Open my computer or home you will see your archos present (in my case "F:\a404") - drag & drop the aos file from your desktop to your archos - in this case F:\

Once the file has been transferred to the archos, keep the archos connected by USB & reboot your PC.

The archos will automatically boot up - if frozen at the "Done" screen - reset it with a pin then the archos will boot up.

I formatted the archos drive before dropping the firmware update to it (mine was really screwed).

If this worked for you - support "Stubbs" at myspace/peterjskye - http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=411928241.

Thanks

Stubbs

Old 03-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Curious

yes this method does work makes it brand new hdd again thanks for the post only brought one of these on Saturday