Go Back   Pocketables Forum > Microsoft Windows Devices > Windows - Laptops, Ultrabooks, Tablets & UMPCs > Sony > Sony Vaio P > Vaio P Software

Vaio P Software XMB (Instant Mode), games, bloatware, utilities, and other applications

Old 07-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Curious

Default How To Install XMB Onto Clean a Clean OS [XP, VISTA]

can someone please list a guide to install the XMB feature onto a clean windows vista.

i made recovery disks, do i use those??, or do i need to download a certain version?, also the recovery disks are from a Japanese OS, so an English XMB would be appreciated,

i know there are a few other people in this forum that are wondering the same thing, so any kind of response would be great!

thanks
Old 07-30-2009, 01:30 AM
Tech Curious

Default Re: How To Install XMB Onto Clean a Clean OS [XP, VISTA]

Hi, has anyone done this yet? I installed XP on my Jap P91 yesterday and would like to get this feature working.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Fan

If you go to sonystyle.com and go to support and then put in your model as p598e its available to download...

Alternatively they have a link to the newest japanese version (still in english and still the newest as the link has been updated) in the how to install xp guide in the first post.

Alex
Old 11-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Curious

Thanks for the post Rocky212, can you please help me with the name of the file?

I have a VGN-P25G in Australia, received the Windows 7 Upgrade kit, instead of upgrading only I remove all the partitions. I know I will have to reconfigure this partition for the IntantOn to work.

But how ?? I am at a loss ...

Thanks
Old 12-01-2009, 01:56 AM
Technophile

Send a message via Skype™ to Muka

You don't have to reconfigure any partitions for InstantOn to work. It just installs like any regular application. InstantOn boots and runs from it's own file, similar to Wubi Ubuntu.

FYI I've nuked all the restore partition stuff from my Vaio P, and InstantOn works just fine.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:13 AM
Tech Curious

I installed XP into my p21z (ITA), using official sony xp downgrade kit.. but now i don't know:
1 - hot to configure S1/S2 buttons
2 - how to install XMB (i cannot find any installer in the kit neither on sony support site)

help please