Go Back   Pocketables Forum > Microsoft Windows Devices > Windows - Laptops, Ultrabooks, Tablets & UMPCs > Sony > Sony Vaio P > Vaio P Wireless

Vaio P Wireless 802.11b/g/n WiFi, WWAN, GPS, and Bluetooth

Old 09-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Curious

Default Bluetooth gone missing after driver updates

Hi
I installed the latest updates from sony style for my Viao P last night and now my bluetooth has disappeared. The ICON no longer in the system tray even thought the wireless switch is on and wireless internet access working perfectly. My P is a USA P530H with 60G HD.
Any advice greatly appreciated
Many Thanks in advance.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:47 AM
Technophile

Send a message via Skype™ to Muka
Default Re: Bluetooth gone missing after driver updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekcaswell View Post
Hi
I installed the latest updates from sony style for my Viao P last night and now my bluetooth has disappeared. The ICON no longer in the system tray even thought the wireless switch is on and wireless internet access working perfectly. My P is a USA P530H with 60G HD.
Any advice greatly appreciated
Many Thanks in advance.
Have you checked that Bluetooth is turned on in the 'Vaio Smart Network'? If the Bluetooth hardware is turned off, it's icon does not appear in the system tray. Although all the wireless stuff can be turned on/off via the front switch. Bluetooth, WWAN, GPS, WLAN, can all be switched individually from the 'Vaio Smart Network'.

Also check Bluetooth is not showing an error in the Control Panel > Device Manager.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Curious

Thought I would re-use this thread.

My bluetooth sometimes drops out for a while.

Often it will come back after a few minutes later but sometimes I have to reset it via the software button (Smart Network) or via the hardware switch.

Has anyone else had this happen? Can it be the WLAN interfering on the same frequency?

I have experimented with removing the Bluetooth program from the Startup menu but it makes no difference. What does the program do anyway?

Using the latest installs from the UK site. But I did do a clean install of Windows 7 myself so maybe I'm missing something?
Old 02-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Fan

There are some problems running Wifi in 2.4GHz with BT I think which will cause dropouts, it was mentioned in the XP network utility and in SmartNetwork
Old 03-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Tech Curious

I have fixed the problem of the bluetooth sporadically stopping.

Device Manager -> Bluetooth Radio -> ALPS ... -> Properties -> Power Management -> Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power -> Uncheck.

Works fine now and bluetooth mouse automatically reconnects after Sleep and Hibernate.