Go Back   Pocketables Forum > Microsoft Windows Devices > Windows - Laptops, Ultrabooks, Tablets & UMPCs > Retired UMPCs > Viliv > Viliv S5 > Viliv S5 Software

Viliv S5 Software CubeUI, operating systems, games, utilities, and other applications
*Please keep GPS software discussion in Viliv S5 Wireless forum*

Old 03-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Curious

Default cant get touch screen to work in Windows 7

Ok I've spent several hours trying to get the stupid thing to work...no luck.

Here is what I'm doing:
1. Clean install of windows 7. I have a usb mouse & keyboard pluging in and a usb stick of Windows 7.
1. Installed Atom IO control (from Viliv's S5/Win7 page)
2. Installed S5 system file (from Viliv's S5/Win7 page)

Now is the part where I'm supposed to install the touch screen - someone wanna tell me how the hell to do that because nothing I've tried works.

If I remove the "microsoft ps2/s mouse" from the device manager & reboot - nothing seems to happen other than reinstalling the stupid mouse. How the heck you get the touch-screen driver in there?
Old 03-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Tech Curious

Default Re: cant get touch screen to work in Windows 7

Don't remove the ps2 mouse, just reinstall the driver using the driver files you get from viliv website.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Curious

I've tried doing that with several versions of the driver and it still doesn't seem to be working for me.
I click "update driver", then have-disk, then select the location of the driver files, but when I do it says that I already have the latest version of the driver (the mouse driver) so it doesn't install???
Old 08-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Curious

I have exactly the same problem, tried updating drivers, says it has the best version already.
Tried uninstalling, it restarts once, then automatically installs the driver upon booting up at which point it works, but can't be calibrated and says it needs to restart again. Then it stops working again.
Can't do anything with it, anyone had this problem and resolved it?
Old 08-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Obsessed

Care to give HID a go?
Old 08-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Curious

Tried installing both regular and HID drivers, on fresh installs of W7 even.
But it always thinks it has the best driver.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Curious

Ok, I've solved my problem.
The problem was that Windows 7 always automatically installed a driver for the PS/2 Mouse, which obviously is the touchscreen.
Every time I uninstalled their driver and restarted, it reinstalled it as soon as I'd rebooted.
I solved it by following this (remember to plug in your mouse/keyboard/flashdrive first as you won't be able to get drivers for a while): http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...windows-vista/
How I did it was to enable the setting they said, uninstall the PS/2 mouse from device manager, restart, revert the change made before in gpedit.msc, then go into Device Manager, under unknown devices it should be listed as an unknown device, then install whatever driver you want. Presumably the HID one. It only took about 2 days to figure out too..
Old 09-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Curious

hai jackreyes

i have the same problem like you. i am not able to uninstall ps/2 mouse. i tried to change in gpedit.msc but once i remove the mouse driver it asks for restart and once restarted the driver automatically installs. i tried these two methods
1. i tried by changing to no automatic driver install
2. your method of gpedit

but still there is no solution. please help us to install the touch input so that i can use my item with windows 7. advance thanks