Go Back   Pocketables Forum > Android Devices > Android Tablets > Dell Streak

Old 08-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Obsessed

Default Change lock wallpaper under ADW.Launcher? Or temp stop ADW.Launcher?

I'm using ADW.Launcher on stock 1.6 ATT Streak. The wall paper that shows up when the phone is locked is one of the six I had used before installing ADW.Launcher. I've gotten tired of it, but can't figure out how to change it. Does anyone know?

I presume that if I went back to the original launcher and selected different wall papers, that those would be picked up when I turned it off and back on, and that if I then turned on ADW.Launcher again, that it'd still be on that lock wallpaper. But I can't seem to find anyway go back to the original launcher short of actually uninstalling ADW.Launcher. Is that the only way?
Old 08-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Curious

Default Re: Change lock wallpaper under ADW.Launcher? Or temp stop ADW.Launcher?

You can go back to the original launcher by following these steps... settings->applications->manage applications->ADW.Launcher->Launch by default
Click on 'Clear Defaults' or whatever is listed there. Next time you hit the home button, it will pop up asking which home you'd like to launch (where you can select the original). It will continue to do that until you click that default checkbox and select a launcher.

I however would also like to know if the lock screen can be made to behave with ADW Launcher. I think one of the reasons for many to use ADW is the automatic screen rotation, and it would be handy to have a portrait lock screen.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Curious

Default Re: Change lock wallpaper under ADW.Launcher? Or temp stop ADW.Launcher?

also.. there may be a faster way to do what I just described for you oduck, but I'm an android newbie and just picked that up over the last couple days..
Old 08-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Curious

Another option is to download a free app called "home switcher" that let's you quickly switch between the dell and adw launchers as well as set which is the default. It can be pretty handy
Old 08-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Obsessed

Thanks everyone! Very helpful.

Turns out, when I downloaded an update to ADW.Launcher, it cleared the "always choose this option" flag and popped up the launcher selection, so I was actually able to choose the original launcher that way.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:41 AM
Tech Zealot

Just an FYI, "home switcher" does work on DJ Steves Froyo v 1.4.6 (as opposed to having to use "home switcher for froyo")

A question though. Is there a way in settings to change the default launcher without having to download an app? Home switcher works for me just fine but it seems strange that you cant do that without installing an app.

Tags
adw, lock screen