Old 12-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Curious

Default configuring the Toshiba Libretto w100

Hi all. I'm trying out my new Toshiba Libretto w100 10D. It's a really nice piece of hardware!

I bought the german language version (10D) to get the 3g sim-slot. Was hoping i could switch to english language (i'm swedish, but wasnīt hoping for swedish as the w100 isn't available in Scandinavia). As it turns out switching system language is only possible if i upgrade to Win 7 Ultimate. Tried upgrading online, but M$ said online upgrade wasn't possible for this config. Well that means that for now I'm stuck with german language in all system menues .

Iīm doing OK, but one setting I havenīt figured out is how to permanently disable the word-suggestion box that appears when using the virtual keyboard. I have found the button to switch it off temporarily, but i wanna shut it down for good. Any hints on how to accomplish this?

Any other tips on how to optimize the w100?

/ Anfanglir
Old 12-31-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Fan

Default Re: configuring the Toshiba Libretto w100

Sorry I can't help because I have the US version, but you may have luck in the Toshiba EU forum....

http://forums.computers.toshiba-euro...?categoryID=58

HTH,

Jeff
Old 01-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Curious

Thanx, I'll check out that forum.

I have now upgraded to Win7 Ultimate, and switched language to english. The Toshiba-apps still use german though (even after removal and reinstallation with english as choosen language, wtf). Will ask about that at the Toshiba forum.

Haven't figured out how to permanently disable word-suggestion when using the virtual keyboard. Am I the only one who is bothered by this feature? :lol

/ Anfanglir
Old 01-05-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Fan

Shot in the dark...have you changed the default language to English in the BIOS?
Old 01-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Curious

Thanks, but Bios language was already set to english. Anyways, most apps are in english now, so I can get by.

Considering disabeling word suggestion, the utility is apperently called XT9, and can be removed in the Control panel, Region and language, Keyboard and language, Change keyboard, Text services and input language
XT9 input service
Remove

/ Anfanglir
Old 01-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Fan

I saw you on the Toshiba Europe boards, glad everything is configured for you now...
Old 03-21-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Curious

I just got a J-spec W100 wondering where someone who can't read Japanese should go to find updates? Can I use W105 updates from the u.s toshiba site? W100 originally came from conics.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfanglir View Post
Hi all. I'm trying out my new Toshiba Libretto w100 10D. It's a really nice piece of hardware!

I bought the german language version (10D) to get the 3g sim-slot. Was hoping i could switch to english language (i'm swedish, but wasnīt hoping for swedish as the w100 isn't available in Scandinavia). As it turns out switching system language is only possible if i upgrade to Win 7 Ultimate. Tried upgrading online, but M$ said online upgrade wasn't possible for this config. Well that means that for now I'm stuck with german language in all system menues .

Iīm doing OK, but one setting I havenīt figured out is how to permanently disable the word-suggestion box that appears when using the virtual keyboard. I have found the button to switch it off temporarily, but i wanna shut it down for good. Any hints on how to accomplish this?

Any other tips on how to optimize the w100?

/ Anfanglir
Hi I'm also from Sweden and have been thinking about buying an Libretto W100/105 but it is pretty hard finding a good site who ships to us within Europe.
Could you tell me where you bought it?

Thanks
Old 06-22-2011, 05:32 AM
Tech Fan

Try Amazon.it !!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpearn View Post
Try Amazon.it !!
Thanks for the tip, currently checking in amazon.de aswell, the shipping should be a little lower to Sweden from there then from Italy.

I found a nice program to switch languages in Vista and Win 7 by the way!
http://www.froggie.sk/
I used it a year ago on mu Vista PC when i need to change the language from Swedish to English(USA) so i could install the software for my Zune HD player.