It's official. The Dell Streak 7 is now on its way to bigger, better, and sweeter things.
Thanks to a team effort by graffixnyc, Kousch, Bogdi1988, binarybishop, lou0611, nledevil, Hellzya, Jobehonda, and KenpoAP from the xda-developers forum, ClockworkMod Recovery is now working on the 7-inch tablet. This custom recovery image plays a critical role in flashing custom ROMs and making Nandroid backups, so its availability is an important achievement and fantastic news.
There's more than one way to flash ClockworkMod on a rooted Streak 7, but the fastest and easiest method is by using the ever-popular ROM Manager app.
Here's how to do it:
1. Download and install ROM Manager from Android Market.
2. Open ROM Manager and tap Flash ClockworkMod Recovery > Dell Streak 7.
3. Watch the blue progress bar "fill up" at the top and allow Superuser access when prompted.
And you're done. No connecting the device to your computer, no fastboot, no drivers, no command prompts. Easy!
IMPORTANT: At the time of this writing, ROM Manager cannot be used to reboot into recovery, create/restore backups, or flash new ROMs. It can currently be used only to flash ClockworkMod.
To manually boot into ClockworkMod after it's been flashed:
1. Turn off your Streak 7.
2. Press and hold the volume up (+) and power buttons until the stock recovery menu (shown above) appears.
3. Use the volume down (-) button to navigate to the "Software upgrade via update.pkg on SD card" option and press the power button to select it.
4. You should now see the ClockworkMod Recovery menu. Enjoy!
Thanks to those who were involved in getting this to work and to everyone who sent in this tip. Let the parade of custom ROMs begin!